Thursday, September 11, 2008

Micro-friction!

Mindless #2
12 x 10.5 / oil on panel

It is just another night that I walk into a room full with numerous familiar faces but they still seem like all strangers. It is just another night at a company party that I do not want to attend at all. It is a place where people put on their fake masks to socialize with people that deep down; they do not care for at all.

Like any other company parties, I slowly walk to the bar and ask for a cocktail. I enjoyingly taking small sips from my favorite drink and heading to the balcony. It is a windy day and the sky seems so dark that I can clearly see the stars.

The wind gently blowing my hair as I sipping through my drink; it should be a relaxing and calming night for me. However, the thoughts of meeting all kind off deadlines at work tomorrow awoke my peaceful sole. I sadly sigh, quickly finish up my drink and walk to the exit door before anyone notice.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I am curious if this is completely fiction or if it might be based on actual events!!!! I would like to know what made you choose this painting. I kind of think she looks like she is wearing a straight jacket. Did you think that at all?

Good for you! Nice work.

Ashlee said...

I was thinking the same thing! It is sometimes hard to decipher fact vs. fiction in looking at something like this! Or, maybe it is an event that can occur so easily and to so many people that it can be easily mistaken for an actual event?

Either way, I liked it and the painting! :)

biscotti dana said...

I like the idea of the straight jacket that is corporate schmoozing. And the fact that your protagonist downs her drink and leaves, unnoticed. Good job. (More notes handed out in class....)

Cheers!